Sunday 11 September 2011

Men, Wine & Sushi

Most of the men in my life are big sushi fans. Brett in particular is addicted to the stuff which I find as repulsive as shoving my face in a steaming cowpat. Nevertheless, I will not stop him from enjoying it and so, a few moons back, he had  his cousin and Wayne over to make their very own Sushi and drink copious amounts of alcohol...wait, that was me doing the drinking.
Having purchased a Sushi making dvd and his very own Sushi knife, Brett was prepared to tackle those salmon roses like a pro...his friends however, were not. What happened was a mess of rice, wasabi and tears, from me laughing too hard.
Wayne's first attempt at making a roll should go in the Sushi hall of shame. Dousing his seaweed with far too much rice, Wayne made for himself a roll the size of an 8year old's leg.



It got better though, and whilst I enjoyed eating pop tarts and drinking Bon Courage Red Muscadel, the boys really did me proud with their creations.


 I however, will never be persuaded to eat Sushi....although, i'll willingly accept a challenge off any Sushi restaurant that wants to try and convert me..*wink wink*





No comments:

Post a Comment