Monday 27 June 2011

Mulled wine


Usually if I'm cold, I find my Hubby and cling to him like a limpet until he physically has to use a crowbar to dislodge me. But, with him up in Gauteng, I am alone and without human warmth. Therefore I move on to the next best thing...Mulled wine or Gluhwein as some people call it.
One cup and I'm left wallowing in a fuzzy cloud of warmth that brings a rather lopsided smile to my face. You could punch me in the face and I would most likely kiss you for it.

It would be selfish however, if I kept this recipe to myself and stopped you from giving your insides a magical glowing hug.


Ingredients
1 bottle of red wine (can be a cheap one and don't feel the need to stick with just one bottle)
the skin of one Orange
1 Cinnamon stick
4 cloves
7-10 Tablespoons of sugar (Don't overload it with sugar, rather it needed more than less)
Method
Combine all ingredients in a deep pot, simmer, don't boil, until hot. 
Simple but delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment