Tuesday 7 June 2011

An affair to remember

You may be wondering why I, a big lover of all things cake related, would want to start up a wine blog? Or why anyone would even give a damn about my grapples with the red, white and rosé but maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

You see, when I want to master something then I’ll go all out. I’ve mastered the art of the perfectly moist chocolate brownie,  the tantalising chocolate chip cookie and I can make an orgasmic banana bread so now I am obsessed with
Knowing everything about South African wines.

When I was younger, wine used to be that disgusting vomit tasting liquid that old people used to drink. My Gran would always tell me that it was an “acquired, adult taste” and now that I am an adult I think I’m just about getting it.

But I’m still what you might call a “grape tease”. I play around, I flirt with grape varieties, I cheat on different wine farms and I dabble in the sweet wines because I’m a sweet sort of person.

I am trying though and I’m willing to be pointed in the right direction. 

1 comment:

  1. Great first post, I love your 'about me' info! I'm sure I'll learn lots about wine here. X Megan

    ReplyDelete